We welcome fluent English speakers of all nationalities
If English is not your first language, you will be invited to take a test confirming that it is sufficiently good for you to enjoy and profit from the club.
Steps to membership:
1. Be our guest for three Toastmasters of Paris meetings.
2. Respond to one of the ‘table topics’ prompts (impromptu ‘just for fun’ talks).
3. Confirm that you’d like to join. At the second meeting, you’ll be asked if this is your intention.
4. At your third guest meeting, present a short introductory speech on why you’d like to become a member, what you can bring to the club and what you believe the club can offer you (2-3 minutes).
5. Member votes accept your membership and you are invited to join by paying organizational fees.
6. You join Paris in an official induction ceremony – and you are warmly welcomed to Toastmasters of Paris!
Benefits of becoming a member
Nike’s slogan “Just do it!” in many ways applies to Toastmasters of Paris. We provide a positive and welcoming environment that nurtures and empowers anyone who wants to learn by doing, whether it is to become a better public speaker or to polish your leadership skills. Nothing is a better teacher than “doing.”
Each club member has the opportunity to prepare and present speeches in front of the 30-odd members in the audience (via Zoom or in-person at the restaurant). Other speaking roles during a typical Toastmasters evening include presenting the Joke of the Evening or the Toast of the Evening, or serving as the Toastmaster of the Evening, Stumble Catcher, or an Evaluator. Each role provides the opportunity to learn a valuable new skill.
Our club gives you the chance to test your wings in many areas of public service. Our values – Integrity, Respect, Service, and Excellence – permeate how our meetings are conducted and how our club is run.
We hope to see you at our next meeting!